Introduction Sony a7s
The Sony a7s is a new Full frame format mirrorless camera from Sony with a 12 Megapixel Full frame Exmor CMOS sensor. The Sony a7s has a very high resolution 4K format uncompressed video ability. The camera has a 3″ 921k dots tiltable LCD screen and a high resolution 2.36M dots electronic viewfinder as well. The 12 Megapixel sensor looks very strong for a FF camera especially for low light performance and perhaps dynamic range as well.
Sony a7s mount
The Sony a7s has Sony E-mount. The lenses marked with “FE” moniker are fully compatible with the E-mount Full frame sensor. Sony A-mount cameras also can be attached with a separately purchased adapter. Other mount lenses are also can be attached with separately purchased adapters if the lenses are Full frame compatible, but not all this adapters usually don’t keep autofocus functions. Former Sony Nex lenses also can be attached but they only normally cover the smaller Aps-C sensor format image area.
Sony a7s specification
– Sensor resolution: 12.2 Mega Pixel
– Sensor type: Full-Frame Exmor CMOS Sensor
– Sensor size: 35.8×23.9mm
– Max resolution:4240*2832 pixel
– ISO range: 100-102,400
– ISO range expanded: ISO 50-409,600
– Image processor: BIONZ X Image Processor
– LCD panel: 3.0″ 921.6k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
– Viewfinder: XGA 2.36M-Dot OLED Electronic -Viewfinder
– Autofocus points: 25-Point Fast Intelligent AF System
– Max shutter speed: 1/8000s
– Longest shutter speed: 30s
– Burst rate: 5 or 2.5 fps up to 200 frames at highest resolution
– Metering modes: Center weighted average, multi-zone, spot
– Gapless On-Chip Lens Design
– Full HD Recording in XAVC
– Full Pixel Read-Out, S-Log2 Gamma for better dynamic range
– Video 4:2:2 UHD 4K Output via HDMI
– Raw format
– Dust reduction system
Sony a7s availability
The expected Sony a7s release date is July 08 2014.
Sony a7s price
The Sony a7s price is 2500 USD.